Outdoor First Aid (SQA) Training Course
Would you know how to treat or support your injured mate out in the wild? Could you keep them alive for as long as it could take till the emergency services can get to you?
The difference to office based first aid is the location you will be in and the availability and time of the emergency services response to you? All our outdoor/remote first aid courses look at longer than 10 minutes treatments and management of the casualties’.
The outdoor first aid course is a 2 day, 16 hour course (certificate valid for 3 years).
This Two Day Outdoor First Aid (SQA) Training Course is not just an attend course, students are required to take part in practical work, theoretical work and also home studies to successfully complete the course which will be assessed at the end by experienced assessors.
The outdoor qualification will maintain the license to practice for those with outdoor national governing body instructors awards and for those people who like the great outdoors. The course has been developed in conjunction with SQA (Scottish Qualification Authority).
- Safety and Dangers for the first aider
- Use of a first aid equipment
- Contents of a first aid box
- Duties of employers and the legal framework
- Management of an emergency and the calling of emergency services
- Record keeping of treatment
- CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Diabetic emergency
- Asthma attack
- Spinal injury
- Unconscious casualties
- Treatment & signs of shock
- Treatment of a bleeding casualty
- Scalds and burns
- Sprains strains soft tissue injuries
- Has an eye injury/s
- From fractures / breaks
- Poisoned and or allergies
- Take appropriate action on recognising major illness
- Recognise minor illness and take appropriate action
- The disposal of the casualty to (hospital/home back to work etc)
All students will be issued a certificate on successful completion of the Outdoor First Aid (SQA) Training Course.